Participate in Etiquette Boot Camps- Etiquette Boot Camps are interactive workshops that focus on the “not so common sense” career-readiness competencies; to include the art of interviewing, networking and dining etiquette. Experiences occur for a 2-hour block between 10am – 4pm. Clink on links below to sign up!
11:30am – 2:30pm | 2432 N. Teutonia Avenue, Milwaukee – Speed Interviews – Volunteers will interview students and provide them with feedback that will prepare them for their internship interviews (Volunteer Orientation will precede speed interviewing)
1:45pm – 4pm | Location TBD – Networking – Volunteers will participate in a small reception providing students with an opportunity to practice building their network (Volunteer Orientation will precede the reception)
- Photographer/Graphic Designer – Take pictures of summer academy and events; help lead youth through graphic design projects such as developing marketing strategies and creating community presentations.
- Office Assistant/Human Resources Assistant – Assist with student attendance and student time sheets; organize student files; provide support to instructors and coaches during Thursday academy; help to organize paperwork and projects in the Lead2Change office
- Mentor / Assistant Career Advancement Coach – Assist Career Advancement Coaches; help to organize all supplies needed for activities; provide support in a classroom setting for the Career Advancement Coach; be prepared to help in leading a lesson to the youth; opportunity to facilitate a workshop for a group of 20-25 students; meet one-on-one with 5-6 young people weekly to encourage, teach, and assist them while navigating their internship experience
- Thursday Academy Assistant – Assist with student attendance and student time sheets; provide support to instructors and coaches during Thursday Academy
- Cohort Assistant – Assist the Cohort Lead in one of the 16 career clusters: Agriculture Food & Natural Resources; Architecture & Construction; Arts, Audio/Video Technology; Business Management & Administration; Education & Training; Finance; Government & Public Administration; Health Science; Hospitality & Tourism; Human Services; Information Technology; Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security; Manufacturing; Marketing; Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics; Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
- Very Involved Parent (VIP) – Join our Very Involved Parents! V.I.P’s will meet 5 times during the program year and serve as leaders and liaisons among our parent group liaisons among our parent group.