Volunteers and interns play a vital role in the success of the day to day operations of Lead2Change. If you are interested in a one-time or on-going volunteer/intern opportunity, please see our opportunities below and call us to learn how you can connect your purpose and passion with our mission.
Internships / Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Photographer/Graphic Designer – Take pictures of summer academy and events; help lead youth through graphic design projects such as developing marketing strategies and creating community presentations
- Office Assistant/Human Resources Assistant/Business Careers Coordinator and Assistant – Assist with student attendance and student time sheets; organize student files; provide support to instructors and coaches during Thursday academy; help to organize paperwork and projects in the Lead2Change, Inc. office
- Mentor / Assistant Exploration Coach – Assist Career Exploration Coaches; help to organize all supplies needed for activities; provide support in a classroom setting for the Exploration Coach; be prepared to help in leading a lesson to the youth; opportunity to facilitate a workshop for a group of 20-25 students; meet one-on-one with 5-6 young people weekly to encourage, teach, and assist them while navigating their internship experience
- Street Team Lead – Supervise youth as they make presentations in the community; Secure locations for presentations; confirm sites weekly; prepare youth for presentations; should be comfortable walking and using public transportation
- Street Team Assistant – Aid the Street Team Lead in leading day-outings to local businesses; should be comfortable walking and using public transportation
- Thursday Academy Assistant – Assist with student attendance and student time sheets; provide support to instructors and coaches during Thursday Academy
- Law Coordinator Assistant – Work with students in the law cohort; provide assistance to the Lead Law Coordinator
- Arts Coordinator Assistant – Work with students in the art cohort; provide assistance to the Lead Art Coordinator
- Business Coordinator Assistant – Work with students in the business cohort; provide assistance to the Business Coordinator
- Medical Coordinator Assistant – Work with students in the medical cohort; provide assistance to the Medical Coordinator
- Very Involved Parent (VIP) – Join our Very Involved Parents! V.I.P’s will meet 5 times during the program year and serve as leaders and liaisons among our parent group liaisons among our parent group.