Career Advancement Coaches
We are hiring! Lead2Change, Inc. is currently seeking Career Advancement Coaches.
Are you passionate about motivating youth to perform at their best? Do you have superb skills in time management, organization, and record-keeping? Do you enjoy working with a diverse group of students?
Do you understand the importance of grit and can help students effectively navigate challenges?
If this describes you, then Lead2Change is the place for you!
Under the direction of the Lead Career Advancement Coach, the Career Advancement Coach is responsible for meeting with each student regularly to coach, discuss and document the student’s progress in the program.The Career Advancement Coach will manage a caseload of 10-15 students. Weekly class is held at designated site. For individual coaching sessions, the coach can meet with students virtually or in person. In person meetings must occur at a Lead2Change approved location. This position requires coaches to attend team meetings and events such as the Commitment and Completion Ceremonies.
- CLASSES AND SPECIAL EVENTS: Attend weekly Dream.Explore.Build. classes with students and attend special events (e.g. Boot Camps, Internship Interviews, etc.) – track student attendance, assist in classroom management and student engagement, create individualized learning opportunities, and make connections between class and coaching sessions.
- COACHING SESSIONS: Meet with each student in caseload monthly for 30 minutes – prepare individualized coaching session agendas, build and maintain support relationships, and document coaching sessions.
- WRAPAROUND SUPPORT: Coordinate and attend one wraparound opportunity for students (e.g. Driver’s Education, ACT preparation, etc.).
- CASE MANAGEMENT: Collaborate with student, student’s instructor, student’s family, and student’s school to successfully ensure student’s completion of the program.
- DOCUMENTATION: Track student progress in the program by keeping up-to-date, detailed case notes and reporting to Lead Career Advancement Coach.
- ADMINISTRATION: Participate in Lead2Change team meetings, supervision meetings, cohort meetings, and Problem of Practice sessions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One or more years of experience of working with youth.
Skills and Characteristics, You Should Bring:
- Passion for youth empowerment.
- Good organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to meet deadlines and expectations in an autonomous environment.
- Ability to communicate and foster effective relationships with students and staff of diverse cultural, social, educational, and financial backgrounds.
- Proficient with email and text applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
About Lead2Change, Inc.
Lead2Change is a career-readiness organization that engages young people in leadership opportunities and equips them with essential tools to be successful in college, their careers, and the community. Dream.Explore.Build. allows students to participate in interactive classes and Career Practicums that have the power to change the trajectory of their post-secondary life. For more information about Lead2Change and our programs, please see https://lead2changeinc.org/
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Consultant