Career Advancement Coach
1 Dream.Explore.Build (level 2) Coaches
Supervisor: Lead Career Advancement Coach
Are you passionate about motivating youth to perform at their best?
Do you have superb skills in time management, organization, and record-keeping?
Do you enjoy working with a diverse group of students?
Do you understand the importance of grit and can help students effectively navigate challenges?
If these attributes describe you, we are interested in adding you to our dynamic team!
The Career Advancement Coach will manage a caseload of 10-15 students. The coach is responsible for meeting with each student regularly and documenting student’s progress in the program.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience working with youth
- A passion for empowering youth to reach their full potential and the field of youth development
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and expectations in an autonomous environment
SCOPE OF WORK
- CLASSES AND SPECIAL EVENTS: Attend weekly Dream.Explore.Build (level 1 or level 2 as assigned) classes with students and attend special Events (e.g. Boot Camps, Internship Interviews, etc.) – track student attendance, assist in classroom management and student engagement, create individualized learning opportunities, and make connections between class and coaching sessions
- COACHING SESSIONS: Meet with each student in caseload monthly for 30 minutes – prepare individualized coaching session agendas, build and maintain support relationships, and document coaching sessions.
- WRAPAROUND SUPPORT: Coordinate and attend one wraparound opportunity for students (e.g. Driver’s Education, ACT preparation, etc.).
- CASE MANAGEMENT: Collaborate with student, student’s instructor, student’s family, and student’s school to eliminate any barriers to program completion.
- DOCUMENTATION: Track student progress in the program by keeping up-to-date, detailed case notes and reporting to Lead Career Advancement Coach.
- ADMINISTRATION: Participate in Lead2Change staff meetings, supervision meetings, cohort meetings, and Problem of Practice sessions.
Lead2Change meetings and events will take place both virtually and in person for the 2021-2022 school year. Weekly class location is TBD. For individual coaching sessions, the coach can meet with students virtually or in person. In person meetings must occur at a Lead2Change approved location.
COMMITMENT TO CORE COMPETENCIES
At Lead2Change, certain values shape and influence all our decisions and actions. There are core competencies that must be demonstrated by all coaches and contribute directly to results related to: quality, safety, service, people, finance,operations and growth.
Relentless Pursuit of Excellence – Intentional use of data to improve performance. Possesses strong drive, initiative and motivation. Detail and results orientation. Demonstrates good work habits. Resiliency in persisting through setbacks. Demonstrated success, with the ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource constrained environment.
- Strategic Thinking – Seeks and utilizes resources to inform and contextualize own work. Thinks interdependently, framing the goals of one department/project within the entire vision. Synthesizes information to make astute recommendations and/or decisions. Prioritizes goals for success.
- Investment in Others – Creates an environment that maximizes the return on investment in others. Collaborates to set and achieve goals that align with Lead2Change’s mission, strategic plan and desired measurable outcomes. Creates and utilizes development opportunities to address individual needs and capacity to accomplish performance objectives. Creates and identifies opportunities for recognition of success. Provides supportive environment to learn from mistakes.
- Effective Communication – Courageous, strategic, clear and direct communication that resolves discrepancies and overcomes challenges and obstacles to organizational success. Ability to respectfully ask questions, challenge, and communicate both positive and difficult messages to subordinates, superiors, peers and youth. Sound judgment regarding the appropriateness of guarding confidentiality to protect the privacy rights of colleagues, youth and families. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Courage – Asks questions to learn and encourage dialogue. Willing to make mistakes and to be accountable for own work. Speaks about issues truthfully and without blame. Leads by example, displaying behavior that respects the mission, youth, families and Lead2Change. Holds high expectations for self, one another and for our youth and families.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Career Advancement Coach” in the subject line.