We are Hiring!
- Are you passionate about strategy and storytelling, and quite crafty with a pen and paper?
- Are you a social media expert and know how to use compelling messaging to build an online audience?
- Are you a dependable person with superb time management and organizational skills?
- Does AP Stylebooks and grammar rules excite you?
- Do you think outside the box and aren’t afraid to stretch your creativity to get your message across?
- Are you gifted with the ability to energize students and inspire them through storytelling?
If these attributes describe you, we are interested in adding you to our dynamic team!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Consultant will be responsible for the development and execution of all internal and external communications activities. The Communication Consultant will be a content strategist, that delivers innovative communication strategies that drives brand and mission awareness, engages community involvement and partnership. The Communication Consultant will manage all marketing, website, social media, press releases, and promotional communication activities and materials.
The position is expected to work 15 hours per week.
- Develops and executes communication strategies that strengthen Lead2Change brand and build engagement with the target audience.
- Uses professional writing and editing skills to represent Lead2Change strategically and positively to multiple external audiences, including prospects, community members and partners, donors, employers, providers, agents, and vendors. Requires use of creative, technical, and informal writing styles.
- Stays current with new marketing and communications technologies, best practices, and industry trends to identify innovative strategies and solutions.
- Manages, develops, and publishes content on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Develops, writes, and edits content for newsletters, brochures, flyers, letters, ads, websites, email, and other marketing, and communication materials.
- Coordinates the copywriting, editing, and distribution of monthly newsletters. This includes gathering information or conducting interviews for feature articles and coordinating the review and approval of content.
- Prepares communication correspondences for Executive Director.
- Assists with the preparation of the Lead2Change annual report.
- Serves as Lead2Change media relations liaison, including preparation and distribution of press releases, and media statements.
- Manages the production of promotional materials with external vendors including, but not limited to, website content, brochures content, photography requests, and other support materials in corresponding marketing plans.
- Manages mailing communications to community partners, students, volunteers, and donors including, but not limited to, acknowledgments, book distributions, periodic publications, end-of-year reports, and other correspondences.
- Serves on the marketing and program and community engagement board committees as well as attends key program events.
- Ensures that marketing and communication deliverables represent Lead2Change’s brand promise, attributes, and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year institution of higher learning, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English).
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in marketing or communications.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Office 365. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design is a plus.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of digital and social media marketing tactics and how they can be utilized to further Lead2Change’s mission and message.
- An effective and compelling writer and storyteller, with experience writing press releases, digital media, PowerPoint presentations, speeches, and live events that tell visual & impactful stories.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Lead2Change and the students we serve.
Lead2Change is a career-readiness organization that engages young people in leadership opportunities and equips them with essential tools to be successful in college, their career, and the community. their position in the global workforce. Through Dream.Explore.Build., students participate in interactive classes and Career Practicums that have the power to change the trajectory of their post-secondary life. For more information about Lead2Change and our programs, please see https://lead2changeinc.org/
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Administrator