JOIN OUR STAFF
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Communications Intern (Looking to fill immediately)
As a premier career-readiness organization, Lead2Change partners with high school students to cultivate their dreams, explore their strengths and help build their futures. Through Dream.Explore.Build., students participate in interactive classes and Career Practicums that have the power to change the trajectory of their post-secondary life.
Precisely, our students will:
- Become knowledgeable about the current events in their field of interest;
- Gain in-depth information on colleges that specialize in their career interest;
- Design a strong resume which meets the National Association of Resume Writers standards;
- Become confident networking with professionals in their chosen field of interest;
- Better articulate their skills and talents to a potential employer and interview confidently, resulting in a paid career practicum in the career field of their choice.
We understand the importance of partnering with the right individuals who are passionate about imparting invaluable knowledge into our young people and empowering them to succeed. If you are beaming with passion to answer the call, we invite you to apply for the following position:
- Are you passionate about strategy and storytelling; and quite crafty with a pen and paper?
- Are you a social media expert and know how to use compelling messaging to build an online audience?
- Are you a dependable person with superb time management and organizational skills?
- Does AP Stylebooks and grammar rules excite you?
- Do you think outside the box and aren’t afraid to stretch your creativity to get your message across?
- Are you gifted with the ability to energize students and inspire them through storytelling?
If these attributes describe you, we are interested in adding you to our dynamic team!
A Closer Look:
The Communications Intern will be the voice of the organization; a strategist and visionary at heart. This position produces and proofs all internal and external communications materials, including monthly e-newsletter (Mailchimp), print newsletter, press releases, formal correspondences, promotional flyers and other marketing materials. The Communications Intern also manages the organization’s social media pages, helps cultivate new ideas and develop new community partnerships.
- Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective and compelling storyteller, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Lead2Change and the students we serve
- Manage all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin
- Procure content for monthly e-newsletter and print newsletter
- Draft talking points and special correspondences for Executive Director
- Manage communications files via google drive
- Create brochures, one-pagers, flyers and other marketing materials
- Compose press releases and act as liaison between news media and L2C
- Serve as liaison between web designer and L2C to provide content and suggested updates, while making minor edits to WordPress site
- Draft year-end letter for donors
- Assist with Annual Report preparation
- Attend staff meetings (and communications-specific meetings as requested)
- Promote and attend key program events throughout calendar year
- Manage communication with external vendors regarding organization marketing materials to include name badges, new brochures, photography requests etc.
May 1, 2019 – August 9, 2019
Hours are flexible.
$1,000 stipend at the completion of the summer program (August 9, 2019)
If role is performed with excellence, this position has the ability to turn into a paid opportunity.
If interested in Communications Intern position, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.