JOIN OUR DREAM TEAM
At Lead2Change, we take pride in our youth and our efforts to prepare them to be confident and career-ready. We also understand the importance of creating strong and effective partnerships with our youth as they explore their dreams, build on their strengths, and design their future. Are you beaming with passion to answer the call? We have the following opportunities available:
SUMMER OPPORTUNITY: CAREER PRACTICUM LEAD
Under the guidance of the Career Practicum Lead, students will encounter a 6-week career exploration and experience the following:
- Site visits
- Shadow professionals of various occupations in the selected career cluster
- Lectures and exams
- Cultural experiences
- Participate in many other activities
- Junior or Senior currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year institution of higher learning with a career pathway in the identified career cluster. Graduate student preferred but not required.
- A passion for empowering youth to reach their full potential and the field of youth development.
- Dynamic leadership abilities and experience in supervising a group of students.
- Core facilitation skills and effective communication techniques including public speaking and forming a group.
- Develop curriculum material specific to the assigned career cluster to use for daily instruction of students.
- Maintain professional relationship with program participants within the constructs of youth-adult partnerships.
- Coordinate all logistics required for offsite learning experiences including permission slips with emergency contact information, appropriate staff coverage, transportation and agenda of activities.
- Assist students with class related personal development through one-on-one feedback sessions conducted during the mid-point of the program and end of program.
- Provide support during weekly Thursday Academy and monitor engagement of assigned students in the training.
- Track student attendance daily and review time sheets with signature approval weekly.
- Collaborate with student’s Career Advancement Coach to eliminate any barriers to internship completion.
Weekly Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. (June 25, 2018-August 9, 2018)
Class Size: 10 students
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.