OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Human Resources Cohort Team Lead
The Career Practicum Lead is an essential leadership role for Lead2Change’s 6-week summer internship journey. As a part of the Lead2Change’s Dream.Explore. Build. Program experience, participants who have identified one of sixteen career cluster interests based on the National Career Clusters® Framework will participate in a 6-week introduction to the field. Under the direction of the Career Practicum Lead, students will participate in career-related site visits, shadow professionals with different occupations in the selected career cluster, participate in lectures, exams, cultural experiences and many other activities.
- Junior or Senior currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year institution of higher learning with a career pathway in the identified career cluster. Graduate student preferred.
- A passion for empowering youth to reach their full potential and the field of youth development.
- Dynamic leadership abilities and experience in supervising a group of students.
- Core facilitation skills and effective communication techniques including public speaking and forming a group.
- Develop curriculum material specific to the human services career cluster to use for daily instruction of students.
- Maintain professional relationship with program participants within the constructs of youth-adult partnerships.
- Coordinate all logistics required for offsite learning experiences including permission slips with emergency contact information, appropriate staff coverage, transportation and agenda of activities.
- Assist students with class related personal development through one-on-one feedback sessions conducted during the mid-point of the program and end of program.
- Provide support during weekly Thursday Academy and monitor engagement of assigned students in the training.
- Track student attendance daily and review time sheets with signature approval weekly.
- Collaborate with student’s Career Advancement Coach to eliminate any barriers to internship completion.
Weekly Schedule: Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm, June 22nd, 2020-August 6, 2020
Salary: Dependent on experience
Class Size: 10
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th.